Waylink English presents packages of passages, exercises and other activities all based around a particular topic or theme. The topics are chosen to appeal to a wide audience and different types of learner but generally they have a social, historical, artistic, environmental, technical or other context that resonates with learners.
The thematic learning passages and exercises deliberately span a range of different language levels so that most learner from intermediate to advanced will find something of interest that is both a challenge and a source of motivation.
Some students find that fragmented examples and grammar exercises out of context have little relevance to developing fluent communication skills and a deeper understanding of subject matter.
That’s why the Waylink English series of thematic topics should prove interesting and beneficial to a wide range of learners.
The series currently includes:
Chocolate and the World of Cadbury
- The Origins of Chocolate (intermediate level reading activity).
- Cadbury Chocolate in Birmingham (pre-intermediate / intermediate level reading text).
- The Growth of Cadbury (intermediate level reading and exercises).
- Cadburys’ Social Concerns (intermediate level).
- Bournville Village Trust (intermediate level).
- Labour Relations (intermediate level).
- Chocolate and world development issues (intermediate level).
- The slave traders who deal in misery so we can eat chocolate.